Pupil Attendance Matters
It is important that children attend school every day in order for them to achieve their full potential. It has been proven that there is a direct link between children’s attendance and how well they do at school. There is a big impact on children’s learning if they do not attend every day. Therefore, we do not approve holidays during term time. Children should not be taken out of school unless absolutely necessary; it has a huge impact on their learning and every day really does count.
Every day matters and the aim has to be 100% attendance.
Parental steps to achieving this are:
- do not take holidays in term time
- do expect your child to attend school unless they have a genuine illness
- do ensure that your child is well prepared for the school day arriving in correct school uniform, with their P.E kit and any completed homework
- do ensure that your child is at school on time, every day
- only take children out of school for medical appointments where absolutely necessary
If your child is not able to attend school, you must contact the school office to notify us of the reason for non attendance. This should be done by 09.00 each day of absence. Please contact us by telephone on 01494 814622 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is a need for your child not to be in school due to medical appointments, music/dance exams or any other type of absence, please complete the form below and bring it to the school office for the Headteachers attention. Please note, holidays will not be authorised during term time.
For further information or clarification on school attendance, please refer to our school policy: