- Homework will be set each Thursday to be completed by the following Tuesday on Google Classroom. We also use Google Classroom to post all information about learning and events that you need to know about.
- Homework is set on alternate weeks - one week Maths homework is set and the next week English homework is set. This homework should take about 45 minutes.
- Reading and quizzing using Accelerated Reader and completing spelling, punctuation and grammar Missions on Literacy Planet are part of Year 6 homework and must be completed.
- We expect Year 6 pupils to be reading for 30 minutes every day. We would like to see pupils read some of the books from the 100 Recommended Reads For Year 6 we gave out at the start of the year (this list is also posted in the Reading section of Google Classroom.) Many of these recommended books are in the school library. Year 6 should be aiming to read a wide and rich variety of authors and genres - by trying new styles of books and being exposed to descriptive and advanced vocabulary they will gain ideas and language which will improve their own writing.
- Times Table Rock Stars 5 minutes daily