Our governors are all volunteers and have an important part to play in raising school standards:
- Provide strategic leadership and accountability in the school
- Appoint and performance manage the Headteacher
- Hold the main responsibility for finance in school
- Work with the Headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources
- Offer support to the Headteacher in a very challenging role.
The governors meet as a Full Board three times a term. The Headteacher attends all meetings and discusses and informs Governors on all matters. The Governors’ role is then to validate or challenge the information they are given by gathering information, talking to staff, pupils and parents.
Individual governors take ownership of particular areas of responsibility. This involves meeting with staff counterparts each term to monitor progress and stimulate discussion at board level.
We are very happy for parents to gain a better understanding of the issues and outcomes of our meetings by reading the minutes. Please contact the school office to do this.
If you are interested in joining our board, do please get in touch with the Chair (email@example.com). You may also like to download and read our Prospective Governor Pack which gives you an idea of the role and commitment needed.
We value the input of parents and community members and appreciate the value of a diverse range of perspectives. Do get in touch.
Chair of Governors - Mrs Ellie Cheshire
Current Membership (last 12 months)